en Plein Air
The en Plein Air Painting Competition calls on artists to paint in the Outtaquechee landscape from September 30 - October 6, 2017.
The Ottauquechee area is the designated painting location for artists. Artists have been granted permission to paint in certain locations, which are listed under Locations.
All artists will be asked to read and acknowledge the information included in the Painting Festival/Competition Rules and Guidelines Form, under Registrations.
The following categories will be awarded to registered artists at the Award Ceremony:
- Best of Show Award – Judged by an honored guest of an Upper Valley Arts organization.
- Aquatic Ecosystem Painting – Display of the natural beauty of riparian environments.
- Nocturnal Painting – This theme will be ethereal, moonlit, starry nights. The Full Moon will be on October 5th.
- Avian Art – Illustration of an artist's personal representation of the Vermont Institute of Natural Science's avian inhabitant.
- People’s Choice – Visitors of the Vermont Institute of Natural Science nominate their favorite from among the exhibited works.
- Youth – 17 years of age and younger use their imaginations and senses to create something wondrous and divergent.